Health and safety have always been our number one priority and we have extensive safeguards to protect our patients and staff. We take great care in our methods of dental sterilization to administer a high standard of care in the cleanest possible conditions. By following these protocols, we ensure all instruments, surfaces, and tools in our office are thoroughly sanitized.
Sterilization of dental instruments
Instruments that cannot be disposed of after one use are cleaned and disinfected after each patient. The following process ensures proper sterilization of our dental instruments:
- Clean – All instruments are rigorously cleaned using cold sterilization, dental steam sterilizers, and other disinfection practices. This ensures all germs and bacteria are removed.
- Package – Instruments are them placed in sterilized packaging.
- Sterilization – Our FDA-approved dental autoclaves carry out this step in the process.
- Disinfect – Using EPA-approved cleaners, we disinfected all machines and surfaces after use.
We then store these items, safely, until we need them for our next patient.
Disposable materials used when possible
Many of our materials are single-use, which we responsibly discard after each patient. These materials can include gauze, floss, gloves, masks, gowns, brushes, and face shields. Our disposable materials are always stored appropriately, and then carefully disposed of after each use.
Dental hygiene and infection control
As evident from the above, we train extensively in the recommended practices we are given from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). We take great care to integrate these recommendations into all of our procedures.
In summation, we ensure cleanliness and safety in our office by:
- Sterilizing all equipment between each patient
- Using disposable materials
- Equipping clinical staff with gloves and surgical masks
- Using EPA-approved disinfectants on countertops and surfaces
- Providing disinfectant soap and sinks to staff and patients
Our promise to you
You can rest assured that we are committed to providing a pristine environment that is safe during your appointment. Extensive and continuous training in the dental sterilization of equipment, infection control in dentistry, OSHA infection control, and safety practices are a regular part of our continuing education. And we regularly update these procedures to follow the guidance of the American Dental Association and the CDC. Have questions? Our team has answers. We will gladly provide you with additional details concerning the steps our office takes to protect you and your family from bacteria, diseases, and viral infections.
We’re excited to welcome you back and look forward to seeing you soon!