Pediatric Dental Services in Indianapolis and Fishers, IN
Pediatric dentistry, or children’s dentistry, is a specific branch of dentistry that focuses entirely on the oral health of children. This usually includes children between the ages of 1-18 years old.
While it may seem early, it is important to have your child be seen by Children’s Dental Center around their first birthday. Even if they are still teething, it is quite important for us to have a look at their teeth, gums, soft tissue, and the beginning development of their teeth.
Early childhood tooth decay is too common in the United States. Almost 40% of all children develop cavities before they even reach kindergarten. Since small children cannot always express what they are dealing with, cavities may go unnoticed for months. Eventually, they will develop into painful infections. Childhood is also the time when children need to learn proper dental hygiene. Without the right instruction and encouragement from you, these habits can be slow to develop. Regular checkups with Children’s Dental Center are the best way to detect and prevent tooth decay. On top of that, it can help your child learn to brush, floss, and care for their teeth for the rest of their lives. We want to make sure your child has the perfect opportunity for healthy teeth.
Children’s Dental Center helps families set the stage for a life-long commitment to oral health in a friendly and approachable manner. Our team provides a pleasant visit to the dental office, promoting trust and confidence in young patients that lasts a lifetime. Call 317-932-7134 today to make an appointment with Children’s Dental Center. Our office is located at 9885 E. 116th Street, Suite 100, Fishers, IN 46037.
Do Not Wait, Schedule Soon!
The American Dental Association recommends having your child visit Children’s Dental Center before they are one, or whenever their first tooth appears. You should also continue to bring them in to see us for regular checkups about every six months. Also, because you know your child best, we encourage you to make an appointment for your child whenever you have concerns about their teeth. We are always ready to help protect your child's teeth!
Contact Us Today
We are always ready to help protect your child's teeth!
The mission at Children's Dental Center is to build a dental home valuing prevention, early detection, and treatment of dental disease in children.
How Can We Help?
At Children’s Dental Center, we want your child to have healthy, beautiful teeth. We also want them to have a good experience in the dentist's chair. To help maintain your child's smile, we provide compassionate and child-oriented services. These include:
- The Role of Baby Teeth- Baby teeth may seem unimportant since they fall out to make room for adult teeth. But they have an important role to play in your child's development and health. Baby teeth help your child maintain a healthy and nutritious diet. As well as learn to speak properly. The prevention of decay and infection in baby teeth helps maintain your child's health and comfort as well. Baby teeth also serve as space holders for the adult teeth. Even though adult teeth will replace baby teeth, they need care and attention now to keep fulfilling their function. Learn more about what Children’s Dental Center says about your child’s baby teeth.
- Fun, Gentle Exams- One of our first priorities is making dental visits comfortable and stress free for your child. Our office is designed for children in mind. Our staff loves working with children. Every appointment includes gentle treatment and special techniques to ensure your child will look forward to their dental exams. Additionally, Children’s Dental Center is full of bright colors and fun activities to put your child at ease before their exam.
- Fluoride Treatments- We need to keep your child's dental enamel strong as a first line of defense against cavities. To help with that, Children’s Dental Center can treat your child’s teeth with fluoride. Fluoride treatments replace minerals that leave your child's teeth over some time. With fluoride, we can maintain a strong and bright tooth surface.
- Dental Sealants- Most tooth decay, especially in children, occurs on the chewing surfaces of the molars. They are full of pits and crevices that provide a safe harbor for bacteria. To protect this vulnerable area, Children’s Dental Center offers dental sealants. Sealants are a thin coating on the molars which protects the teeth and provides a smoother surface for easier cleaning.
- Preventative Cleanings- The best defense against tooth decay is to prevent it from beginning in the first place. Children’s Dental Center offers preventive cleanings to stop cavities before they start. Your child will have the choice of several child-friendly tooth paste with flavors they will love!
- Restorative Treatment- If your child's teeth do develop cavities or decay, we offer restorative treatment, including both fillings and dental crowns.
Make an Appointment for Your Child Today!
The mission at Children's Dental Center is to build a dental home valuing prevention, early detection, and treatment of dental disease in children. Our goal is to provide a pleasant visit to the dental office promoting the establishment of trust and confidence in children that lasts a lifetime. Our vision is to serve as the premier provider of patient focused dental care for infants, children and teens through compassion, skill, and teamwork. Call 317-932-7134 today to make an appointment with Children’s Dental Center. Our office is located at 9885 E. 116th Street, Suite 100, Fishers, IN 46037. Let us keep your child healthy together. Contact us today to schedule a preventative check-up for your child.